This batch of biccies falls into the ‘Any Knucklehead Can Bake’ category of cooking. Great treat for the long weekend or in my case, motivational cookies for my project team.
Though my Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookies are also a massive crowd pleaser, these delicious melt and mix cookies are stress free and easy to bash out.
MACADAMIA ANZAC COOKIES (Makes about 15)
3/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp ground ginger (optional)
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 tbsp boiling water
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
125gm butter, melted
125gm macadamia nuts, roasted and chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees and prepare cookie trays with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and ginger into the bowl, then add rolled outs, coconut, nuts and sugar and combine.
- Put the boiled water, golden syrup and bicarb in a bowl and give a minute to ‘fizz’. Add the melted butter, stir and then combine the liquid with the dried ingredients.
- Roll into balls (say heaped tablespoon size), place on cookie try and gently press keeping room for spreading.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden bowl.
These couldn’t be easier – seriously. I like to take the cookies out so they stay nice and chewy, but if a crunchy cookie is more ‘up-your-street’, just leave them in the oven until the get a little darker – three to five minutes more.